[ale] Brodband routers

Brian J. Dowd bdowd at dentfirst.com
Wed Aug 7 11:15:46 EDT 2002

I use a Netgear setup. A little expensive for desktop systems I think
since you need to insert
their model 401 pcmcia card into the back of each machine's model 301
PCI card (so you have to buy both).
You set the machines up as 192.168.x.x or you can require that the radio
modem only talk to specific
MAC addressed cards. Choice of none, 64 (AKA 40) bit or 128 bit encryption.
-Brian