[ale] mutt, gnome2 terminal, and Andale Mono font

Cory T. Echols ctechols at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 6 09:37:17 EDT 2002

Hi.  I'm trying to use mutt under the terminal app from gnome2 with the
Andale mono font.  Unfortunately, the thread tree characters do not
display correctly.  They're all displayed as empty rectangles.  There
are other fonts on the box that do work.  'fixed' is one of them, but I
know that's an alias and can't figure out which font the name actuall
resolves to.

When I use ssh under PuTTy on a windows box to my Linux box where mutt
is installed, the thread trees are drawn correctly.  PuTTy is also
configured to use Andale Mono.  I think this means that the gnome2
terminal is the culprit.

I've done a good bit of web searching for a solution, but haven't come
up with anything.  Has anyone else seen this and found a solution?

--
Cory T. Echols
ctechols at mindspring.com