[ale] semi OT: secure payment gateway -- php on linux?

Mike Lockhart backpacker at hikers.net
Thu Aug 1 13:23:28 EDT 2002

I've done transaction gatesways using PHP/cURL and Authorize.net and had
really good luck with it.  Authroize.net allows you to do an https POST
of your transaction data, cc #, etc, and will return it data in machine
readable format, you can even specify the field separators.  They also
have pretty good API documentation and their costs aren't to exorbaint.
Another one you might want to look into that plays nice with PHP as a
transaction gateway is VeriSucks PayFlow Pro.  I can't say that I'm a
fan of Verisign (they're actually our competition) but their transaction
gateway services are pretty good last i checked.  Hope this helps some.

-- mike

--

Michael Lockhart - PHP Developer
mailto:mlockhart at intercosmos.com