[ale] RH 7.3 / afterstep install

phrostie pfrostie at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 1 11:41:38 EDT 2002

i've been running afterstep as my WM of choice for years.
how i've alwasy started it was to create/edit the .xinitrc file in your home
directory.  then list the name of the binary with the full path as the last
line in the file.  this works for any window manager.

--- George Johnson <gljay at netzero.net> wrote:
> I just installed afterstep from rpm and then tarball when that did not work.
> How do I get run level 5 to boot up to the shell only after it was only
> setup to automatically run xserver?  Also I could try to install afterstep
> in the menu as one of the options to select to start when I log into X but I
> do not know how to set that one up either.  Have read some in a couple of
> books but nothing so far and tried looking at X config files for the obvious
> to edit but nothing there either.  At any rate I just want to run
> afterstep!!  Driving me NUTS!!
>
> george johnson
>

> ---
> sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

=====
phrostie
Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS
http://www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux