[ale] AbiWord's M$ Word compatibility

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Mon Apr 29 11:54:00 EDT 2002

Since most recruiters these days won't even look at a re'sume' that's not in
a Microsoft Word document format, I took the time over the weekend to
convert my re'sume' from XHTML. Actually, what I did was copy all the
re'sume' content from Galeon, paste into AbiWord, do some minor reformatting
and save as a Word (.DOC) file. As it turns out, the AbiWord .DOC is just
an RTF with an additional default language spec at the top.

Anyway, an acquaintance just opened up the resulting file in Word, and it
apparently read just fine.

Just a little tip for those of you looking to avoid the "M$ Office tax".