[ale] Dumb question - file transfer over SSH?

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Thu Apr 25 11:48:55 EDT 2002

OK - now, how do I know what local directory I am grabbing from?  Let's see,
OK, SecureCRT has options for 'upload' and 'download' directories, so I
presume I have to place the file in the 'upload' directory before I can
transfer it to the remote server - did this, then tried to upload it by doing:

scp test.txt username at hostname:/directory/I/have/write/access/to

entered my password at prompt, then got:

test.txt: No such file or directory

What did I miss?

> man scp works too :)

Didn't for me - 'No manual entry for scp' is all I get.  They're on FreeBSD,
and are have about 500 chrooted domains they are hosting, so maybe thats
why...

Thanks

Charles