[ale] X + SSH question

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Wed Apr 24 11:16:49 EDT 2002

    John> Example: me (Internet) ----> Intermediate box
    John> (Internet/private) ---> Target box (private)

    John> I want to run an X program on the Target box and redirect
    John> output to the "me" box.

        Turn on ssh's X forwarding (`ForwardX11 yes' in sshd_config)
and pass the -X option to ssh and it'll just do the right thing for
you.  I just pulled up an xterm after bouncing through three
intermediary hosts (the first of which being all the way over on the
left coast :) with something like this:

ssh -tX foo ssh -tX bar ssh -tX baz ssh -tX quux /usr/openwin/bin/xterm

770 933-0600 x211(w)  |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=
770 294-0820 (m)      |                                               U