[ale] Re: Display Environment

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 22 03:28:48 EDT 2002

> Jon Faranda wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the reply. I tried what was suggested; however, I get:
>
> xlib: connection to server "computer2" refused by server
> xset: unable to open display "computer2"
>
> Do I need to set some variables on the client machine?

Oops, yeah. Try "xhost +" on the client machine. This
allows *any* app to open a connection to computer2's
X display; that could be dangerous in some
circumstances, but I don't know much more about X
security than that; maybe someone else can advise
better. Anyway, try "xhost +" and see if that
lets you start the app.

Cheers,

-- Joe
  Using open-source software: free.