[ale] cdrecord problems with custom kernel

Keith Hopkins hne at hopnet.net
Thu Apr 11 07:06:59 EDT 2002

Kevin Krumwiede wrote:
> When I try to use cdrecord with my custom kernel, I get this message:
>
> cdrecord: No such file or directory.  Cannot open '/dev/pg*'.  Cannot
> open SCSI driver.
>
> However, it works fine with the stock distro kernel.  My custom kernel
> has CONFIG_SCSI and CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDESCSI.  I also added parallel port
> support, but that didn't help.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Krum

More guess here than anything else, but...

Is CONFIG_PARPORT_OTHER set?

Did you config those as in the kernel?  or as Modules?  If as modules, are they loaded? (lsmod!)

diff the .config from your stock kernel with the .config from custom kernel...any thing obvious jump out at you?

--
Lost in Tokyo,
   Keith