[ale] Replacement for Exchange Calendar?

Keith Hopkins hne at hopnet.net
Thu Apr 11 06:54:56 EDT 2002

Robert L. Harris wrote:

> I have the oportunity to try and move my company off of exchange due to
> some internal problems.  The biggest reason to stay with exchange is the
> callendar and it's ability to integrate with mail.
>
> Does anyone know of a product that would potentially work with
> sendmail/postgress/exim or another Unix based varriant that has
> calendaring ability similar to exhange's?

The only one I've actually used are older versions of Lotus Notes and older versions of Netscape's calendar server (now outdated/discontinued) which evolved into....

iPlanet Calendar server (solaris, HP-UX, or NT )
http://www.iplanet.com/servlet/productmap.PlatformLayerServlet?platformName=Communication_Services&productName=iPlanet_Calendar_Server
IIRC it integrates with the iPlanet Messenger, and Netscape Messenger.

Steltor's Lexacom ECal server (linux + *nix)  SMTP integration
http://www.steltor.com/products/index.cfm?fuseaction=product&GrID=lecs

Crosswind's Syncronize (linux + *nix, NT)  or Cyberscheduler (linux, NT)
http://www.crosswind.com/sitemap.htm#prod

Ximian Evolution + Lotus Notes (Domino) Server
http://www.notes.net/

--
Lost in Tokyo,
   Keith