[ale] CDROM Issues

Randy Janinda rjaninda at tqlabs.com
Mon Apr 1 15:04:04 EST 2002

I am having some pretty weird CDROM issues. I have a Dell I8100. One
fixed DVD/CDRW combo and a modular CDROM. I have SCSI emulation on for
the DVD/CDRW and may have even turned it on for the CDROM so I can do
disk to disk bruns. Now, if I have anything other then a data CD in
the regular (modular drive) it fails to read it (For example an audio
CD). The fixed drive has no problems with audio or data cd's. For what
it worth I'm using devfs. Any tips, comment's help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Thanks,
--
Randy Janinda