[ale] bios matter of war

Douglas Bridges doug_bridges at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 30 13:23:26 EST 2001

You cannot replace the bios of the Thinkpad with another BIOS. Laptops have
a lot of specialized information in their bios (especially with all the
APM), and other BIOSes would have no idea how to deal with the commodity
hardware. There is a really good Linux-on-thinkpad mailing list. Go to
http://www.bm-soft.com/~bm/tp_mailing.html. As a warning, don't use the
lm-sensors package or sensors-detect on the thinkpad. It will roast it.

Doug