[ale] SuSE 7.2 login screen incomplete, unable login

Richard Holt rholt at telcel.net.ve
Tue Nov 20 20:06:17 EST 2001

Thanks for the comments.

Ctrl-C gets me out of the inicialzation on to the command line,
with a message that I need to fsck, reboot, and then 'mount -n -o remount,rw /'
At least now it stops before it gets to the fractured graphic login.

I'll try with a boot disk and read the manual a while.

thanks,
Richard.

> In addition, once you've booted up single user, you can change your
> /etc/inittab to boot to a different run level so the next time you boot
> "multi" it doesn't go to a graphical login. Then once KDE is fixed, change
> /etc/inittab back.
>
> matt shade
> www.threekay.com

GO-TRO,ca Instrumentación     vox/fax 011-58-265-641-3457