[ale] Telocity Woes

Mark Hurley debian4tux at telocity.com
Tue Nov 20 19:25:40 EST 2001

Chris,

Have had Telocity for almost a year now.  I say almost because it was
"Christmas week" last year when I received my modem.  Having the same
concern if it would or wouldn't work...it did.  And I haven't had a
problem since.

Ok...I'm assuming you have the same (or similar box) as I have.
Without even a connection to the computer...plug in your phone line.
Power up the dsl modem.  You should see two amber lights at first.
And a blinking led.  As you get a connect both lights become a steady
green.

Of course you probably already knew this.

Again, you should receive TWO green lights before even connecting your
computer. I'm sure they told you to try to pull the "power" plug for
about five seconds...and re-attempt the process?

Mark Hurley