[ale] Hardware Alias

John Mills jmmills at telocity.com
Thu Nov 15 22:47:52 EST 2001

Scott -

It's not what you were asking, but some firewall/router products can do
this (LinkSys, for one). Though it can be abused, I think the usual
motivation is installing the firewall/router behind a DSL connection which
was tied to the MAC address of the card first used to connect. I don't
have any reservations about that.

--
Regards -
 John Mills