[ale] mass deployment

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Thu Nov 15 20:11:56 EST 2001

On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 01:38:24PM -0500, Christopher Bergeron wrote:
> I'd appreciate any leads on this stuff.  I'm only using the win98 boxen for
> the desktop peeps.  The servers are all linux (of course):
>
> Samba PDC
> Samba print server
> Linux DNS
> Apache intranet, etc...

I can't comment on the Windows machines other than to say that Ghost and
Drive Image are reputed to both work quite well, providing the hardware
is reasonably similar.

On the Linux front, in RedHat's case there's the  'kickstart' which is
essentially a 'stick a floppy in a machine, come back in an hour and
it's all done' process.  It's in the docs on redhat's site.  Other
distros probably have a similar mechanism.

 - Pizza
--
Solomon Peachy                                    pizzaATfucktheusers.org
I ain't broke, but I'm badly bent.                           ICQ# 1318344

 PGP signature