[ale] Recent RTFM'ing and Questions and Answers

Mark Hurley debian4tux at telocity.com
Tue Nov 13 08:04:56 EST 2001

Great...and as Stephen points out...2AM ranting is allowed. ;)

Its great to see everyone has strong opinions on this.  But I'm sure a
lot of people in here can stump even the best of us.

BTW...I'm going to ask a question now... ;)

Does anyone have a good link pointing to a great explanation of memory
mgt. in C++? I'm not looking for HOWTO's on programming, that concept
is pretty set with me.

I'm looking more on the objects on the heap, and derived types
occupying bytes...etc.  Objects being passed by by their super type,
yet able to explain how down casting is handled in the memory scope of
things. Maybe even a nice picture or two.

Looking to compile this information together for one so I can easily
explain it when asked and two for people who ask me. ;)

Whew...anyone has this link...I would be very appreciative.  If I'm
leaving something out...well...talk to Stephen.  ;)

(No, really, thank you Stephen, anyone should feel welcome here)

Mark