[ale] problem with ftp

Irv irvm at ellijay.com
Mon Nov 12 15:39:25 EST 2001

Hi:

Mindspring is changing its ftp servers over to earthlink addresses,
and now Konqueror, Kwrite, etc. which work fine otherwise
refuse to authenticate to the new server. Good ole ftp works ok, which
verifies that I'm using the right ftp.addr, user name, and passwd.

Could this have anything to do with the fact that they changed
their user id's from, for example: "user1234 at yourwebsite.com"" to
"user1234%yourwebsite.com" ?  (I'm wondering if the percent mark
may cause problems with the xWindows programs, but has no affect on
text mode proggies? Or am I looking in the wrong place?)

Thanks for any insight.
Irv