[ale] motherboard recommendation for SuSE workstation

SLane at weather.com SLane at weather.com
Fri Nov 9 15:54:35 EST 2001

greetings!

I was hoping someone might be able to recommend a motherboard (thinking 1.2 GHz
Athlon) and/or vendor on which to build a nice SuSE 7.x workstation.

SWMBO has kindly agreed to give me a "budget" for this project as my x-mas
present and unfortunately the IBM x350(s) I have @ work are a little out of the
$ range.  :-(

any advice (particularly the based on experience kind) for a DBA out of touch
with current gen PC hardware would be greatly appreciated.

muchos in advance!