[ale] vgetty

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Nov 7 10:08:33 EST 2001

There was a pst a while back on this list about someone who had a
working Caller ID setup on *getty. I think they were using it for voice
data which would mean vgetty. vgetty and mgetty+sendfax are all part of
the same package (sort of...).  If you go to the home pages of mgetty
and vgetty, there are a few links (from vgetty) to some shell-script
apps that utilize caller ID.

Personally, I want to use caller ID to piss of the scum bags that are
sending the spam faxes. "I'm sorry, your phone number is not recognized.
If you would like to speak to someone in person please enter
182283774495900019928847562435535261883495~ from a touch tone phone
after the beep." scum bag spammers.

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>