[ale] SSH

Michael Perigard michael at ancker.net
Wed May 30 16:02:36 EDT 2001

Try running ssh with lots of verbosity (ssh -v or -vv or -vvv, depending
on if you compiled in debugging).

My connection from work takes a while, and i found that my AIX machine is
not configured with any /dev/random, and the delay is ssh creating its own
random data (from various log files etc.)

While this may not be your problem, running ssh -v will show every step
ssh takes to connect to the remote host and more, so you should be able to
track down the bottleneck.

Michael Perigard
UNIX CADD/CAM Support
Gulfstream Aerospace