[ale] "Linux-friendly" ISP???

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Tue May 22 12:16:58 EDT 2001

        I've had IDSL (basically ISDN speeds (144k) but using DSL-y
line technology; sucks being more than three miles from the CO) from
Speakeasy.net for over a year now.  I've only had maybe 1-3 days
outage over the entire time, and I'm hard pressed to remember an
individual outage that was longer than a few hours.  They give static
IPs (currently 2, you can pay for more IMSMR) and don't care what you
run on your end (pretty much as long as it's not a pr0n website or an
IRC server they don't care).  You also get a shell account on one of
their machines which is nice to have.

        http://speakeasy.net/

        </plug>

770 933-0600 x211(w)  |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=