[ale] "Linux-friendly" ISP???

Fulton Green ale at FultonGreen.com
Tue May 22 12:14:11 EDT 2001

<plug compensation="0.00">
I slogin on a regular basis from work to my box at home through Telocity DSL
(www.Telocity.com). They explicitly allow services on the box (though there
may be restrictions on third-party reselling and/or bandwidth traffic). They
also figured that if they allowed customer-side services, the customers
should have static IPs, so that's the default assignment. They are also the
only broadband ISP I know of that explictly supports UNIX-style OSes (incl.
Linux and FreeBSD). Their gateway connects to my box through an Ethernet
cable.
</plug>