[ale] ATT Broadband and DHCP Help Requested

Jeff Dilcher dilcher at hiddenworld.net
Sat May 19 14:35:50 EDT 2001

Thanks for the response!

I believe my Redhat 7 is using Pump by default.
Just from a quick look, it appears that my
"ifup" script is starting a bunch of pump
stuff, so, I am kind of afraid about dumping
pump altogether- maybe someone has a reference
that explains clearly the ifup script and
the pump program, as it relates to my Redhat
7 box...

Since my first message, I found this in the
"man pump":

       script executable-filename

              Condition   arg1      arg2   arg3
              lease       up        eth0   1.2.3.4
              renewal     renewal   eth0   2.3.4.5
              release     down      eth0

              When events occur in negotiation with the server, calls the
given executable
              or  script.   Scripts  are called when a lease is granted,
when a renewal is
              negotiated, and when the interface is brought down and the
address released.
              The  scripts are called with two or three arguments, depending
on the condi-
              tion, as documented in the table above.

Is anyone using this?  Looks like I should be able
to setup the script to run after an IP change this
way....