[ale] GCC compiler questions... [was: Ramdisk Error on RH 7.1Install]

James Kinney jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu May 17 16:09:27 EDT 2001

7.1 _does_ also ship with kgcc. A simple tweak to a stock kernel makefile
will use kgcc.
change below to use the 2.95 version. The (full) kernel source (and
RedHat rpm) has a makefile:

#comment out this line if compiling on RH 7.0
#CC             = $(CROSS_COMPILE)gcc -V egcs-2.91.66
# AND uncomment the following line
CC              = $(CROSS_COMPILE)kgcc