[ale] What were they thinking?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sun May 6 19:27:01 EDT 2001

I agree with that Nautilus is bloatware, but hey, it's also beta-ware
too.  I choose to not install Nautilus and Gnome 1.4 works wonderfully.
 The only problem that I experienced was when opening an terminal it
too forever.  As it turns out this was because I didn't have a sound
card in that box, but had enable playing sounds.  The terminal was
timing out on /dev/dsp before it continued.  I disable sound and have
been happy ever since.  I'm even using it on a P233MMX laptop w/ 92megs
of ram and it still performs speedily.

-Jim P.