[ale] postfix and fetchmail

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Fri May 4 15:08:45 EDT 2001

I've been using fetchmail to download email from a machine recently and
it was, by default, dropping the email into /var/spool/mail/USERID .

I just started doing this a couple of days ago in order to download a
bunch of email that had been sitting on a mail server at work.
Everything seemed to work fine.  I attempted to download  a number of
messages this morning, but they did not show up in
/var/spool/mail/USERID.  I thought the were trashed, but then started
digging around and found a boatload of files in the
/var/spool/postfix/deferred directory.  I executed the postfix flush
command and the files seem to have jumped to the
/var/spool/postfix/active directory.

Question is, how do I get these things over to the
/var/spool/mail/USERID directory?

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The
hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence."
- Albert Einstein