[ale] HOWTO? recursively retrieve ftp.cc.gatech.edu files

hirsch at zapmedia.com hirsch at zapmedia.com
Tue Mar 20 11:07:17 EST 2001

Courtney Thomas writes:
 > Greetings !
 >
 > What, if any, options are available for recursively retrieving all files
 > within a directory from G'Tech's website ?

Most of the graphical file browsers allow this.  Konqueror (KDE) and
gmc (GNOME) both do it.  I am very fond of nt, the downloader from X.
You drag a file or folder from netscape and drop it on the NT window.
It will then download the file or the entire folder to where you want
it.  It can do multiple simultaneous downloads, and allows pretty good
control over number of downloads, etc.

--Michael