[ale] Upgrade to 2.4.2 kernel procedures

Gary MacKay gary at edisoninfo.com
Thu Mar 8 15:32:21 EST 2001

Is there a document somewhere listing the steps to upgrade a 2.2.x kernel
system to the new 2.4.2 kernel? More specificaly, I have a RedHat 7 system
running the 2.2.17 kernel and would like to experiment with the new 2.4
kernel. I know, wait a few days/weeks and I'll be able to install the 7.1
version straight out. I'm impatient!

For a system that is not a firewall, (ie. ipchains vs iptables), just a
web and e-mail server, what packages have to be upgraded besides just
downloading and compiling the lates 2.4.x kernel?

- Gary