[ale] indentd and reverse lookups

tewkewl at mindspring.com tewkewl at mindspring.com
Wed Jun 27 15:09:49 EDT 2001

To all,

We have recently started using DNS on our unix (hp/aix) application servers.  Our DNS server is running linux.  As soon as we enable DNS, it started taking forever (upwards of 5 minutes) to establish a telnet session.  Now from the research I have done, this is because of identd doing a reverse lookup.  Does anyone else know of any other reason for this? And if this is the case, how do I fix it?  We have not moved to dynamic dns as of yet, so the 7 to 10,000 users that do log in daily have no entry in the dns tables.

Any suggestions?

-P