[ale] bash on AIX?

Leonard Thornton Leonard at Intelis-inc.net
Wed Jun 27 14:31:42 EDT 2001

That is pretty much the way it worked when I got Bash for Solaris from
sunfreeware.com.  Whether you can find a distribution for AIX is another
thing entirely.....

At 01:54 PM 6/27/2001 -0400, Christopher Bergeron wrote:
>Can I put bash on AIX 4.13?  I'm assuming I can, but I've never installed a
>shell before so I'm not sure what the process is.
>
>Is it as simple as:
>
>-getting bash
>-untarring bash (perhaps in /home/someuser/) directory
>-installing bash (as root?)
>-setting /etc/passwd to use bash for the user
>

>Am I missing anything or does this sound correcT?  It's a production server
>and I really don't want to goof and kill everyone's korn shell by mistake or
>anything.  I just want to make sure I have the process down before I do
>it...  Can anyone provide any tips or info about doing this?
>

>Thanks for any info...!!!
>

>Christopher Bergeron
>Systems Administrator
>Full Line Distributors
>(770) 416-4237
>mis at fullline.com
>
>--
>body.

The difficult while you wait.....the impossible overnight.

Leonard Thornton
Intelis, Inc.
5960 Crooked Creek Rd
Suite 30
Norcross, GA  30092

Office: 770.825.0032
Fax:            770.825.0028
Cellular:       404.583.5402
Pager:          888.785.9188
Email:          Leonard at Intelis-Inc.net