[ale] Printing Situation

James Kinney jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Jun 27 11:09:16 EDT 2001

Do have the remote machine listed in the /etc/hosts.lpd file?

Updating RH6.2 to current 7.1 will change lpr to lprng. A better (usually)
solution but as with all unix print, not perfect. It
works/connects/sets-up differntly than lpr. Don't use CUPS so I can't
compare. I can tell you that different versions of LPRng did not play well
during development. I currently run nearly equal version on my clients and
servers and it woks well. Except for killing a print job seems to require
that the lprng daemon be restarted to allow printing again. (?!)