[ale] Laptop blues

Jim Philips jim.philips at s1.com
Mon Jun 4 09:49:44 EDT 2001

You need to dig up all of the specs on your video card and input everything manually--clock speeds, vertical & horizontal refresh rates, etc.--as you configure X. I would refrain from trying to start X with your current setting. If the settings are wrong and you are pushing your monitor too hard, you can fry it. Congratulations! You will be configuring X-Windows the way everybody used to do it back in the days before automated setup tools were available.