[ale] Logical drive / ext dos and WINE

Joseph A. Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 29 20:57:59 EDT 2001

Stephen Turner wrote:

> hey im not sure if any guys on this list have
> experimented with WINE yet or not, i just installed it
> and my games for winbloze are on a ext dos partition
> or a logical drive, how do i get linux to see them? i
> have tried hda4 which they are on the forth drive
> so... any help would be appreciated and if you do know
> wine, i just installed it by the rpm -i command..
> thats all i did, know if it will work? well thanks in advance

Stephen,

Logical drives are sub-partitions within an extended
partition, and begin at partition number 5. So if
you have a primary partition C: and three logical drives
D:, E:, F: on your first hard drive (/dev/hda),
then D: is /dev/hda5, E: is /dev/hda6, and F: is
/dev/hda7.

Does that help?

-- Joe Knapka
"You know how many remote castles there are along the gorges? You
 can't MOVE for remote castles!" -- Lu Tze re. Uberwald
// Linux MM Documentation in progress:
// http://home.earthlink.net/~jknapka/linux-mm/vmoutline.html
2nd Lbl A + 1 = 2nd Pause 2nd Prt GTO 2 R/S