[ale] Re: [ale-admin] [db32 at myrealbox.com: ALE future meetings]

Vernard Martin vernard at cc.gatech.edu
Sun Jul 29 12:29:31 EDT 2001

> This person offered to host the group at the end of the last ALE
> meeting. I also have a contact at HP who could possibly get us in there
> (HP is where the Atl Unix Users Group meets).
>
> It seems to me, if no one does anything ALE will be homeless come Sept.

Haven't been following this thread very much (or any email based communcations)
due to lots and lots of travelling lately. YEs, we despartely need to get
a new meeting location. The reason we left Ga Tech was that we could no longer
be guaranteed space on thursday night at 7/7:30. I was the person that filled
out the form every three months requesting space and the last time I did it
they said that they coudln't grant it. Since we aren't an official GT group,
we get pushed down fairly low on the list when it comes to the

I strongly recommend that we go with the Emory location for now. It has been
offered wchich means that the odds of us actually getting it are very high.
I'm willing to work with someone to pursue this. However, since i have a nasty
tendency of going out of town at the drop of a hat, I think I need someone else
to work with me on this as well just to make sure that it doesn't drop through
the cracks.

Anyone else willing to step in front of this train with me?

Vernard
--
Vernard Martin (vernard at cc.gatech.edu) http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~vernard/
        "Anything worth fighting over is worth fighting dirty over"