[ale] Re-send: Opinions on Cable versus DSL

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Fri Jul 27 07:44:59 EDT 2001

"Glenn C. Lasher Jr." wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Wandered Inn wrote:
>
> > Yeah, well, the BellSouth folks I talked to, either were just stupid, or
> > they thought I was.  First they told me they didn't have enough IPs.
> > Then I was told it was a quote 'security' solution.  I had one guy over
> > there tell me that you can't give a static IP.  I didn't even argue with
> > him.
>
> Want the real reason?
>
> Static IP's are worth more money,

Well, I needed a static IP for work, and BellSouth will not provide one
in any way.  You can't pay more money to get one from BellSouth, I've
tried.  So apparently is not the reason for them to hold out.  BellSouth
will not provide you with a static IP on dsl, regardless of your needs
or reasons.  I would love for someone to prove me wrong.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit
to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence." - Albert Einstein