MacOS ssh/scp client (Was Re: [ale] Secure FTP?)

John Mills john.m.mills at alum.mit.edu
Thu Jul 26 09:11:52 EDT 2001

With regard to Mac ssh/scp clients:

> It's been working OK, and I love Muddle and think it does a superior job
> as an FTP daemon.  However, I'm  trying to do the Right Thing and
> eliminate FTP from my machine altogether and only do file transfer thru
> openSSH.   I know that there are a tiny handful of clients for Mac (non
> osX) and I can find several decent looking ones for windows, so that's
> one part of the battle won.

I have no osX experience, but I use 'Nifty-Telnet' for SSH/SCP activities
on an iMac under MacOS-8.6. As with the puTTY/pscp combo, it is nice to have
a SSH login to know what you will transfer, and where. Integration with MacOS
is [naturally] smooth. I downloaded a full 'Stuffit' unpack-and-install from wherever I found it. Add that one to your list if you didn't already have it.

(Fraid you'll have to run a search to find it, but if you get desparate I can
check for info in the copy I installed.)

Regards,
 John Mills