[ale] [Atlanta Linux-related Job Opening] Internet Developer/Systems Administrator - Tucker, GA

Robert Gash rgash at aismedia.com
Wed Jul 25 10:27:11 EDT 2001

The short version: We're looking for a systems administrator and developer
to help us manage our network of Linux machines (RedHat) and assist on
development projects for our clients.

More information is available below.  If you have any more questions, feel
free to Email me, or you may contact either myself or Tom Harpointner at
678-382-2247 (x117 and x102, respectively).  Resumes can be faxed to
678-382-2471 or transmitted electronically via Email (Word, HTML, ASCII,
PDF, or PS formats preferred).

-Robert Gash

POSITION: Internet Developer/Systems Administrator

Founded in 1997, AIS Media, Inc. is an Atlanta-based Internet development,
services and consulting firm. Our clients include companies of all sizes
including start-ups to Fortune 500. Our services include Web design,
back-end development, Web hosting, e-commerce, Internet marketing and
consulting. We are seeking highly talented, motivated and creative
individuals to join our team on a full-time or part time basis.

* Fun & fast-paced work environment
* Fast advancement potential
* Flexible schedule
* Constant new projects

PERSONAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS:

* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
* Excellent positive attitude is a must.
* Ability to work well in a team & individually.
* Ability and desire to learn and grow.
* Good, responsible & honest work ethic.

TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:

* 1-2 years hands-on experience administrating Linux or BSD systems
* Ability to perform lightweight Windows NT 4.0 administration tasks
    (manage office printer, user logins, file sharing)
* Fluent in administrative programming languages (Perl, bash/sh, tcl/tk,
    expect)
* Familiar with configuration and maintenance of the sendmail, Apache
    web server, ProFTPd, openssh daemons in a shared virtual hosting
environment
* Familiar with basic security protocol/procedures and is capable of
    performing routine system security audits
* Fluent in SQL.  MySQL server administration and maintenance required
    (preferably 1+ years coding and administering it)
* Familiar and comfortable with managing a network, including TCP/IP
    network administration, network troubleshooting, switching (through
    layer 3, preferably layer 4), routing and other basic network
    diagnostic issues
* Understanding of DNS, SMTP, POP3, and HTTP troubleshooting and
    administration
* Capable of helping produce and maintain technical documentation about
    configuration, functionality, and setup of new accounts on systems
* Experience with a network backup system in the Unix/Linux environment is
    a big plus

Language requirements:
* Fluency in bash/sh and Perl is a must
* Fluency in PHP, Java, C, expect, and TCL/Tk are big plusses

START DATE: 8/20/01 or earlier

-Robert Gash
Systems Developer

A I S   M e d i a ,  I n c .