[ale] brochure 2000=VIRUS

Transam@cavu.com transam at cavu.com
Wed Jul 25 04:21:30 EDT 2001

phrostie <pfrostie at yahoo.com> wrote:

> been there, got one, but mine was called "rolodex.doc.bat"

I didn't know at the early time when I sent the original email all of
the details.  Here are some more details on this virus, the Code Red worm,
and some Linux security issues:

This virus seems to have been spread rather extensively and supposedly
will trash one's hard disk after spreading to the systems listed in
one's M$ address book.  Linux and Unix are immune.

--Bob

Some additional information on the SirCam windows virus is at:

http://www.antivirus.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=TROJ_SIRCAM.A

Thanks to:

Cabezon Aurélien
http://www.iSecureLabs.com
The following is some information on the recent Code Red worm that
infects Windows systems via email and a user's address book.