[ale] Re-send: Opinions on Cable versus DSL

Michael Smith MSmith at webtonetech.com
Tue Jul 24 08:26:25 EDT 2001

	I had both in parallel for about a month(Charter Communications and
Telocity) and believe it or not, the cable was up more than the DSL.  I
think most of the issues were with Telocity(DNS Servers) themselves, not the
lines.  If Bellsouth offered a static IP with a router similar to Telocity
for around $60 bucks, I would be all over it but since they don't, I'll
stick with CC.....at least until they pull the static IP's which they will
do once you have problems with your modem....

Mike