[ale] Southeast Cybercrime Institute

Eric Z. Ayers eric.ayers at mindspring.com
Mon Jul 23 21:49:06 EDT 2001

All,

This email is to announce the founding of the Southeast Cybercrime
Institute (SCI). The Institute is housed in the Continuing Education
division of Kennesaw State University and has members from the
following agencies on its Board of Advisors:

- The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- The Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI)
- The Georgia Attorney General's Office (AG)
- The Georgia Technology Authority (GTA)
- Cobb County Police Department (CCPD)
- National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C)
- Continuing Education @ Kennesaw State University (ConEd)

    We'd like to offer all ALE members a 10% discount
    on all SCI classes*. When you register, just tell
    them that you are a member of the ALE and would
    like the partner discount.

Our first classes are starting August 20th and relate to Cybercrime
Investigation & Forensics. In January 2002, we are looking to start
technical/certification preparation training (SSCP, SANS GSEC, CISSP)
and in April or May of 2002 InfoSec/Cybercrime Management training.

So, please see our web site for more information and a listing of our
current classes. http://cybercrime.kennesaw.edu.

Finally, while many of our classes will be taught by CISSP's, the GBI
an other law enforcement personnel, we are always looking to expand or
pool of qualified instructors. If you are a security expert in a
specific technology and interested in contract teaching, please email
me at takin at kennesaw.edu.

* The discount applies to all classes offered through the Southeast
   Cybercrime Institute, not all Continuing Education @ KSU classes.

Thank you!

Thomas Akin
--

Thomas Akin, CISSP
Director, Southeast Cybercrime Institute
takin at kennesaw.edu