[ale] Linux at Weather.com

Greg runman at telocity.com
Sun Jul 22 03:38:30 EDT 2001

During the *ahem Mandrake 8.0* install (which I did twice tonight for
practice) one can install the reiserfs file system.  When you are
partitioning the disk you select "reiserfFS" .  I think that you can do it
also in Red Hat 7.1, Caldera and Mandrake 7.2 also.  If you go to the
website www.namesys.com you can get the lowdown on conversion and several
downloads to do it...  But the only way I found to convert was in the FAQ.
The conversion involved copying the data in whole on the partition to
another partition, converting it using the utility "mkreiserf" and copying
the data back to the recently converted now reiserfs partition.  If anyone
does come across a way to convert the whole p.c. to reiserfs in one fell
swoop I would certainly like to know too.