[ale] New server setup

Gary MacKay Gary at EdisonInfo.com
Thu Jul 19 13:03:00 EDT 2001

Thanks Jim!  ApacheTools is a great asset. Tho it lacks alot in tying
php and imap together. After much pulling of hair, I finally have a
compiled version of Apache,ssl,mysql,php,imap, etc. running. The big
problem was wanting php to handle imap. Lots of problems. Had to manully
work out each error message, (ie. find and copy .h files somewhere, pull
hair, make clean, pull hair, make, pull hair, well you get the
picture!).

My only thing left to figure out is why apache does not listen on port
443 now. I have all of the ssl stuff  (openssl, mod_ssl, etc) compiled
in without errors. It loads fine, access_log, error_log and even
ssl_engine.log all show everything is great. Yet, nothing on port 443.
Back to the drawing board. (Yes, I did the make cert command).

- Gary