[ale] Language Jihad!

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Wed Jul 18 15:16:33 EDT 2001

Benjamin Scherrey wrote:

> Challange taken if you're willing to add "to acomplish the same tasks".

Added.

> If you're going to argue that learning and
> mastering the language is more difficult that's like saying that learning
> calculus is more difficult than addition and subtraction. You'd be right but
> what's the point? You're learning something more.

You've just contradicted yourself with this last line.  If in fact,
you're learning more, how are you going to learn it in a shorter time?
You also noted that it's 'more difficult' which I would agree with and
will also extend the learning curve.

I didn't say development curve, I said learning curve.  I still maintain
C++ has a longer/steeper learning curve than C.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit
to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence." - Albert Einstein