[ale] disk backup!

I. Herman izzmo at mediaone.net
Wed Jul 18 14:36:22 EDT 2001

One of the ways we did that is "sorta" RAID-ish.  We have 2 identical hard
drives (size, partition, etc), and we have a mirroring script that we use.
Like others have said, if there is a problem that can damage both disks,
then that is a different problem.  We don't use Linux @ work, but I'm sure
there are commands/methods similar to that.

I can send/post the script if you want it.  I am using it in Netra 1100s w/
dual 18GB drives and UltraSPARCII 440's.  The pieces of the script could be
replaced with linux paths (instead of /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 have /dev/hda1,
etc).

Izzie