[ale] clipboard envy

Timothy Ball timball at tux.org
Tue Jul 17 15:54:53 EDT 2001

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 03:48:22PM -0400, Tommie M. Jones wrote:
> I have done very little X-Windows development and am not familar with the
> intracies of these however do you think that we will ever be able to have
> a better interface than the highlight/middle-button implementation we have
> now.  Are the desktop supplements addressing this or is it purely a
> X-Windows thing.  I would like to be able to copy an url out of an xterm
> and then replace the URL in my browser. This simple task causes great
> headaches.

Use gnome-terminal and dingus click till your heart stops... (hold
ctrl+ click right mouse button) It'll pop up your browser and follow the
link.

kde has a nice cut paste buffer implimentation.

And X itself controls the cut and paste buffer... it's kinda hard to
figure out how to use it but not hard pick up the blue xt book.

--timball

--
	GPG key available on pgpkeys.mit.edu
pub  1024R/CFF85605 1999-06-10 Timothy L. Ball <timball at sheergenius.com>