[ale] RH 7.1 configuration

Leonard Thornton Leonard at Intelis-inc.net
Tue Jul 17 13:25:47 EDT 2001

Between 6.x and 7.x, Redhat depreciated inetd and went with
xinetd.  xinetd.conf is the base configuration file, which in turn points
to the xinetd.d directory.  Each service now has an individual
configuration file as opposed to the one line entried in inetd.conf.  I
don't know about docs, but the files themselves are pretty straightforward
to read.

Hope this helps.

At 01:07 PM 7/17/2001 -0400, Eric_Brubakken at aoncons.com wrote:

>OK,
>
>Back to sysadmin 101.  I've been using RT6.1 for some time now.  Usually
>in the
>set it and forget it mode for my home fileserver.  I go months without
>touching
>the server, it usually runs just fine without my messing with.  Now I've just
>installed RH7.1 on a different machine and I have some questions as to how
>things have changed from 6.1 to 7.1
>
>I am familiar with inetd.conf for 6.1 for starting processes, but what is
>it for
>7.1.  I did a quick look thru the HOWTOs, didn't really see anything I thought
>would apply.  Can anyone suggest where I might find this info, i.e. book,
>howto,
>web page or?  I just don't do this sysadmin stuff very often and not sure just
>where to look.
>
>Thanks
>
>Eric
>

>--
>body.

The difficult while you wait.....the impossible overnight.

Leonard Thornton
Intelis, Inc.
5960 Crooked Creek Rd
Suite 30
Norcross, GA  30092

Office: 770.825.0032
Fax:            770.825.0028
Cellular:       404.583.5402
Pager:          888.785.9188
Email:          Leonard at Intelis-Inc.net