[ale] Language Jihad!

Ben Coleman oloryn at benshome.net
Mon Jul 16 22:18:21 EDT 2001

On Mon, 16 Jul 2001 20:56:34 -0400, Wandered Inn wrote:

>My transition was from C to C++ as well.  I didn't find it difficult,
>but I found it frustrating to do so much bloody work to set up all these
>classes before you actually do any 'real' coding.

I've long had a preference for Modula-2 over C, which has meant that on
one hand the transition to OO is softened, but on the other hand, my OO
code tends to emphasize encapsulation over inheritance and polymorphism
(I'm used to doing encapsulation, but not so used to inheritance and
polymorphism).

Ben
--
Ben Coleman oloryn at benshome.net      | The attempt to legislatively