[ale] Language Jihad!

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Mon Jul 16 17:43:07 EDT 2001

Leonard Thornton wrote:

> At 05:10 PM 7/16/2001 -0400, Wandered Inn wrote:
>
> >I would challenge anyone to disagree that the learning curve for C++ is
> >much larger than the learning curve for C.
>
> So is the learning curve for Assembler over C.  Your point?

I would disagree with that.  Assembler is easier to learn than C, but
developmentally will take you longer to do that same thing you'd do in
C.

My point is that the original purpose of the thread was an inquiry into
learning a programming language.  C++ is not an introductory language.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at denali.atlnet.com

The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit
to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his
intelligence." - Albert Einstein