[ale] Locking up when shutdown

Jeff Hubbs Jhubbs at niit.com
Fri Jul 13 12:25:20 EDT 2001

Michael -
When it hangs, are you seeing the "[  OK  ]" after the quotas line?  If you
are, then maybe it has gone to the next thing and hanging up.  The closest
thing I have experienced to this is a situation where you've got NFS exports
mounted, they go away for some reason (e.g., exports disappear, NIC is
already down), and Linux tries to unmount them at shutdown.

If it turns out that it IS hanging at the quotas line (i.e., no [  OK  ]
appears), then maybe a similar problem exists, i.e., something that the
quotas mechanism cared about - a directory, a user, a device, I dunno -
doesn't exist anymore.

- Jeff

This electronic mail transmission contains confidential information intended
only for the person(s) named.  Any use, distribution, copying or disclosure
by any other person is strictly prohibited. If you received this
transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and then
destroy the message.  Opinions, conclusions, and other information in this
message that do not relate to the official business of NIIT shall be
understood to be neither given nor endorsed by NIIT. When addressed to NIIT
clients, any information contained in this e-mail is subject to the terms
and conditions in the governing client contract.